Turn a Closet Into an Office Nook
We talked about how you can use puck convert closet to officeing or decorative fixtures for your office space. A carefully selected swivel chair offers space-saving benefits in a confined space. Make sure the one you choose has a height-adjustable seat so that you could tuck it under your desk. To make the chair more comfortable, pop a pillow on it.
- Leave considerable space over your desk area (so you don’t hit your head every time you stand up) and put up some floating shelves to show off your precious items.
- The primary elements of her closet office are rooted in neutrals, but these touches add a splash of femininity to the space.
- An even cheaper option is simple to mount a shelf in the closet.
- Adding an accent into the back wall of a cabinet generates an intriguing focal point that can help it not to look like a cupboard.
We love the look of this pink ombre closet-turned-office, and the best part is all it takes is a few cans of paint. The thought of working from the inside of a closet can feel claustrophobic, uninviting, and honestly, a little unrealistic. But the truth is, an productive workspace really comes down to the aesthetics. Hang wallpaper in a print that inspires you, and create a style that feels totally you. Trust us, if you do this, you’ll look forward to enjoying your morning coffee in here day after day.
Recessed can lights add a wonderful amount of illumination to small work spaces and look good with just about any type of décor. These top 40 best closet office ideas are proof of man’s brilliance when tasked with a seemingly insurmountable conundrum. If you find yourself with a spare or unused closet, why not convert it into a serviceable office space? As trendy as it is functional, the built-in closet office can be undertaken in a number of ways, no matter the size or style of the closet.
However, finding a desk with the correct proportions for your closet may be quite a chore. Especially if you are converting a hallway closet and not a walk-in. Sure, this option may still be moderately expensive for those of us who aren’t intimately familiar with woodworking and power tools. But it’s also much cheaper, and much less labor intensive than the fully custom built solution. The upside to a custom built-in is that it’s the best way to optimize the small space and ensure that it’s working for your specific needs.
Showing Results for “Closet Converted Into Office Space”
Finding a new home for everything in your future home office may be a project of its own. Optimizing the storage systems in your other closets may help. But if you still have a few things left in your future office, optimize the storage for those, too. You can customize drawers, shelves, and chrome baskets to store those extra items with the greatest order in the least possible amount of space. If there are clothes still in the closet, a wardrobe lift can help you utilize the space all the way up to the ceiling.
- Since office desk space is limited in a small closet home office you can not use the variety of equipment you would usually have in a regular home office.
- Measure from the back wall to the interior lip of the threshold to ensure that all of your office equipment like printers and scanners will fit with the closet door closed.
- After a basic cloffice setup is done, it’s time to take a look at 21 practical ways you can enhance your workspace and make it personal.
- Do you have an extra closet organization system lying around the house?
- We found an amazing rug which tied all of the colors together further defining the gathering space.
- Add some shelves or cabinets to those areas to create further room inside a small workspace.
If you believe you are a candidate for a walk-in closet office space, give My Custom Closet a call to schedule your free consultation. It takes a bit of planning to pull this off, but it’s worth the effort. You don’t want to trip over your gym shoes every time you work from home or end up feeling smothered, wedged between your partner’s business suits and your winter coats. Walk-in closets may bolster images of success and comfort, but having all of that stuff around can take away from creating a haven in your home. If you have too much storage space, you might fill it with more clutter, but if you don’t have enough, you may not have room for a growing family.
One thought on “HOW TO TURN A CLOSET INTO A BEAUTIFUL, FUNCTIONAL OFFICE SPACE”
The space can be concealed by a folding screen for party time. Doors to an old closet under the stairs were relocated to the workout area for hidden storage. Now we had nice wall for a beautiful console and mirror for storage and serving during parties. In order to add architectural details, we covered the old ugly support columns with simple recessed millwork panels. This detail created a visual division between the bar area and the seating area in front of the fireplace.
- 1×8 Pine Board – This will be used as the floating shelf above the desk.
- I use this light therapy lamp to bring “happy light” back into the space which, I feel, tends to improve my mood.
- Closet to a walk-in with a window, these under-utilized zones are easy to transform into your own happy little cubicle.
- Floating shelves with integrated lighting illuminate the back bar.